Saturday, September 23, 2006

Retro Retail Video: Sears Freeze-In


Freeze-In (1969)

Um... Wow. This vintage Sears training film is pretty dang goofy, lol! I mean, really. But, once again, you just gotta dig the cheesy, groovy vibe of it all--not to mention all the crazy colors, music, and clothes!

Here's the video description: "Made for Sears appliance salesmen, this film tries to capitalize on the zany format of TV's Laugh-In, to introduce the new Kenmore freezer campaign. Even though the film features two of the stars from Laugh-In - Arte Johnson and Judy Carne - it is clear that the director of this ephemeral gem missed the point."

And thank god, he did, I say! Enjoy. :D

Note: Video is Flash format. If you don't see it, you must temporarily disable your ad-blocking programs.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting...

...but excrutiatingly dated!

Sat Sep 23, 07:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it's dated, but then, ha, that's the whole point of this blog! All the mall pictures are excrutiatingly dated too. But in a good way. :D

These old ephemera videos just knock me out.

Sat Sep 23, 07:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was a training video intended to reach an audience on psychadelic drugs.

Sat Sep 23, 09:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...I'm pretty much at a loss for words. All I know is that I never saw any videos like this when I worked at Rich's...

Sat Sep 23, 09:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the guy from Laugh-In? I forgot his name, he played the nazi soldier

Sun Sep 24, 04:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe this was a training video. The sexuality in this film is just too risque for "training"

Mon Sep 25, 09:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Anonymous #2: Yes, that is the guy from Laugh-In. Geez, I'm only 19 and I know that was Arte Johnson!

As for this film... wow, that is crazy. Couldn't they have worked the word "bippy" in there somewhere?

Tue Sep 26, 06:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bobby, you must have been watching the Laugh-In reruns like I was on the now extinct TRIO channel. I guess it was the precursor to SNL.

Sat Sep 30, 09:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.