Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Daily Mall Reader

A daily dose of mall-related reading...

Star Wars at the Mall:
1983's Jedi Adventure Centers

StarWars.com - November 02, 2006

(Excerpt) Fans who were lucky enough to live around one of about 150 select shopping malls in the U.S. during the first few weeks of July, 1983 may have happened across an unusually large display touting the arrival of the third chapter in the Star Wars saga, Return of the Jedi.

The Jedi Adventure Center, an enormous walk-through display showcasing the characters, scenes, and special effects of the classic Star Wars trilogy, was devised by distributor 20th Century Fox to lease out to nearly 130 shopping malls and/or movie theaters nationwide for Jedi's release.

Read the full article here.



4 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

What I'm wondering is, did anyone out there actually get to see one of these??

Sat Nov 04, 06:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well find out if someone out there is bold enough to admit it.

Sat Nov 04, 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Scott Parsons said...

I don't remember it, they must have skipped our mall :(
Scott

Sat Nov 04, 11:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I always wondered about this. I saw this at the Golden Triangle Mall in Denton, Texas. I had no idea it was so rare, but that would explain all the strange looks I get whenever I try to explain it to somebody. The main thing I remember is being a little freaked out hearing Darth Vader's voice right in my ear from one of those hoses, I was nine at the time.

Rusty

Sat Nov 11, 02:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.