Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Place Ste-Foy Mall


Quebec, Canada - 1965

I'm broadening our horizons yet again today, with another non-American (but certainly not un-American, as it could easily pass for one of ours) shopping mall. This time we're taking a look at the beautiful, Champlain Court, in the Place Ste-Foy shopping mall in Quebec, Canada. This photo is circa 1965, and yep--we have another bird cage, folks! :)

Anyway, this shot was just so fantastic, that, even though it's not one of ours over here in the U.S., I figured I'd go ahead and share it here so we could all marvel at its groovy mid '60s Canadian coolness! I'm sure we can all appreciate a great looking vintage mall--wherever it comes from. I know I can.

Here's Place Ste-Foy's current website.



2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Just looked at their current site -- so many of the Canadian stores that I love! Simon -- Les Ailes -- Holt Renfrew... all three have a totally European shopping experience. So much better than US department stores.

Thanks again for the post!

Tue Apr 04, 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger todd said...

I agree with Paul ...We live in Romania now and the malls here in Europe are so much cooler than anything in America these days ...they remind me of the "old days" of American retailing!

Thu Apr 06, 04:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.