Friday, June 08, 2007

The Daily Mall Reader: Big Retailers Bypass Woodville Mall

A daily dose of mall-related reading...

"Big retailers bypass Woodville Mall environs"

toledoblade.com - Tuesday, May 15, 2007

(Excerpt) The Woodville Mall in Northwood is up for sale, and it is surrounded by plenty of vacant space.

But retailers are bypassing Woodville Road near the mall, many of them in favor of Navarre Avenue in Oregon. Among companies making that choice are Meijer, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and recently, Menards.

The mall area did attract one new retailer, Steve & Barry's University Sportswear, which moved in last fall.

"I don't know why it is. … I wish I had a magical answer and I would suggest a solution" for why Woodville Road east of I-280 isn't growing, said Northwood Mayor Mark Stoner.

Read the full article here.

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

To see more posts, click on the monthly links
in the "Archives" section of the sidebar.